Ongoing field-to-lab oil analysis is critical for the success of any lubrication reliability programme
The best lubrication reliability programme will fall flat without consistent, accurate monitoring of the condition of your oil. An oil analysis programme is important to understand how well your lubrication programme is working, and to tweak it as and when required. Whether your oil is in an engine, gearbox, circulating system or mainline power generation turbine, implementing an analysis programme can help you to improve your bottom line.
An effective oil analysis programme can help you to:
- Ensure you purchase the correct quantities of lubricant
- Keep fewer parts in inventory
- Use less lubricant
- Streamline the lubrication cycle, from procurement to disposal less
- Use less labour
- Suffer less downtime
- Understand and manage the mechanical, operational and environmental factors affecting your equipment and oil lifespan
LE supplies independent oil analysis for peace of mind
At LE, we believe in providing the best lubrications available to our clients, and helping them to create lubrication reliability solutions that benefit their businesses. This includes providing access to top-quality oil analysis.
Because we value our customers’ business and their trust, we use third-party testing companies to oversee oil analysis. This means you are assured of an independent, objective and unbiased report on your oil. Results cannot be manipulated.
LE is then able to support you in translating the analysis reports into useful business insights.
Through our third-party testing agents, we are able to offer the following oil analysis solutions.
Oil analysis for engines
Basic and advanced engine oil analysis test slates.
- Basic option: monitors wear and contamination. It is recommended for non-extended drain interval applications, such as off-road usage.
- Advanced option: monitors wear and contamination and optimises drain intervals. It is recommended for extended drain interval applications in reciprocating engines, such as those found in trucking fleets, construction equipment and forklifts.
Oil analysis for industrial equipment
Options include basic, basic with PQ and advanced test slates.
- Basic industrial: monitors wear and contamination. It is recommended for extended drain interval applications in hydraulics, gearboxes and many other applications using industrial oils.
- Basic industrial with PQ: monitors fluid cleanliness, wear and contamination. It is recommended for extended drain interval applications, primarily in gearboxes.
- Advanced industrial: monitors fluid cleanliness and optimises drain intervals, as well as monitoring wear and contamination. It is recommended for extended drain interval applications in hydraulics, gearboxes and other applications using industrial oils.
Turbine oil analysis
- Routine oil monitoring: ensures that decisions involving the turbine, including scheduling of oil changes and other maintenance, are based on what is actually happening inside the unit, instead of time-based schedules. This maximises efficiency and indicates problems early on, allowing for corrective action to be taken.
- Comprehensive oil monitoring: provides consistent, accurate monitoring of turbine oil for mechanical, operational and environmental factors that can affect the performance and lifespan of the oil and the equipment. This provides valuable insight that drives business decisions, assisting in optimising purchasing, disposal, labour and equipment management, contributing to a healthier bottom line.
Xamine™ oil analysis reports are fast, accurate & reviewed by experts
Xamine™ Online Reports (Engine & Industrial)
The Xamine™ testing facilities are ISO 17025 A2LA accredited, giving you additional peace of mind that your fluid analysis program is supported by a documented quality system you can depend on to deliver superior testing and customer service.
After your Xamine™ oil analysis samples have been logged, you can track their progress through the laboratory at www.eoilreports.com . Results are available soon after sample processing is complete. A lab consultant, LE’s corporate personnel, and your LE lubrication consultant will all review your Xamine™ Oil Analysis reports – ensuring a level of expert support that is unmatched in the industry.
Xamine™ Oil Analysis online reporting software will show you how to get the most from your data through management reports that allow you to effectively keep sampling schedules on track, identify bottlenecks in turnaround time, track unit and fluid performance, and influence purchasing decisions.
Xamine™ TOA Reports (Mainline Turbines)
LE performs turbine oil analysis in the LE Technology Center in Wichita, Kan. The LE Technology Center is an up-to-date facility featuring a wide variety of specialized equipment, as well as personnel with the technical understanding necessary to perform oil testing based on customized program requirements. Results are available soon after testing is complete. LE prepares a detailed report for the customer, explaining the data and providing recommendations for any follow-up actions that should be taken.
Oil analysis hardware and accessories
LE supplies a comprehensive range of hardware required to take oil samples quickly, easily and accurately.
We can tailor a solution to your specific equipment needs, making your oil analysis programme simpler to manage.
For more information about specific hardware offerings not shown on this website, please contact us.