LE Incorporated’s own additive research and manufacturing company, The ALMASOL® Corporation, as well as its complete R&D department in Wichita, Kansas, continually develop more effective and efficient high technology additives and product lines that are proprietary and exclusive to Lubrication Engineers.
All this technology is incorporated into LE lubricants to ensure that they are, and will remain, the finest available in the industrial world.
LE’s five unique additives are the main reason LE lubricants is able to provide the best possible product performance versus competitive brands, and consistently increase profitability for all our customers. We pride ourselves on:
- Extending service intervals, which results in reduced lubricant consumption
- Increasing equipment life
- Reducing energy consumption
- Improving reliability, which means less expensive downtime
- Minimising inventory through multi-Purpose products
Our unique LE additives are:
In addition to LE’s unique DUOLEC®, ALMASOL®, MONOLEC® & QUINPLEX® additives, LE uses various other additives to improve the quality and performance of our lubricants, including:
- Anti-Oxidants: these resist the formation of acids, sludge, varnish and high oil viscosity, which increases oil viscosity
- Extreme Pressure (EP) and Anti-Wear Agents: to protect against shock loading, scuffing, galling, adhesive wear and abrasive wear
- Corrosion Inhibitors: to protect against rust and corrosion
- Foam Inhibitors and Air Release Agents: these reduce foaming and air entrainment
- Demulsifying Agents: to enable the lubricant to separate from water faster
- Viscosity Index Improvers: to increase the operational temperature range of the lubricant
- Detergents: these keep equipment parts “clean” in high temperature operations and protect parts from rust formation
- Dispersants: these suspend foreign bodies within the lubricant by preventing them from agglomerating or collecting on engine parts to form sludge and varnish
- Pour Point Depressants: to lower the solidification temperature of the lubricant
Why does Lubrication Engineers use 100% Paraffinic Base Oils?
Aside from LE’s five unique additives, another important reason for the quality and success of our products is due to the fact that we only use 100% paraffinic base oils to manufacture its products.
The best lubricating oils are made from paraffinic crudes. LE goes two steps further by only using US Mid-Continent crude (acknowledged as the best for lubricating oil) and by also using an extra refining step to remove more of the ‘undesirables’ in the base oil.
Paraffinic Base Oil Advantages
Greater oxidation resistance
Operate at higher temperatures. Last longer – longer lubrication intervals. Less carbon, sludge, varnish & oil thickening from oxidation products
Better lubricity & higher film strength
Less wear, friction & energy used
Higher natural viscosity index
Offers more lubrication protection over a wide temperature range – thins less at higher temperatures & thickens less at lower temperatures
More compatible with seals & hose materials
Longer seal & hose life. Less oil leakage
Greater water resistance
Better water separation & resistance to emulsification