LE’s high-performance Wirelife® lubricants extend the life of wire ropes, chains and cables in extreme environmental conditions that are common for these types of applications, including cranes, drilling rigs, shovels, drag lines and suspension bridges all use wire rope, chain or cable to perform work such as pulling or hoisting.
Key benefits include:
- Increased operational life
- Able to penetrate between wires and strands
- High fluid film strength
- Prevents oxidation, rust and corrosion
- Allows ropes to remain pliable
Coating lubricants penetrate slightly while sealing the outside of the wire rope from moisture, and reducing wearing and fretting corrosion.
Wirelife® Almasol® Coating Grease (453-451)
A tacky grease that resists water and protects moving parts.
- Wear reduction and corrosion protection
- Clings tightly to pin, bushing and bearing surfaces
- Stays in place in presence of steam and moisture
- Facilitates smooth, quiet operation
- Excellent versatility
Wirelife® Almasol® Coating Lubricant (2002)
This lubricant is a self-healing fluid that seals and protects surfaces.
- Protects against fretting corrosion, wear and rust
- High load-carrying capacity
- Excellent performance in extreme pressure applications
- Performs well in a broad range of temperatures
- Safe and easy to apply
Wirelife® Almasol® Syn Coating Lubricant (2022)
This product is an extremely tacky, nonasphaltic synthetic lubricant with exceptionally high film strength.
- Robust and able to withstand heavy use
- Is extremely tacky
- Lower lubricant consumption levels and less maintenance
- Will not accumulate on surfaces
- Safe and easy to apply
LE’s penetrating lubricants contain a petroleum solvent that carries the lubricant into the core of the wire rope, then evaporates, leaving behind a heavy lubricating film to protect and lubricate each strand.
Wirelife® Monolec® Penetrating Lubricant (2001)
A versatile, wear reducing oil that preserves metal to the core.
- Superior penetration
- High-loading carrying capacity
- Greatly reduces friction, wear and heat
- Protects against corrosion and rust
- Works especially well for wire ropes, cables and chains
LE’s range of environmentally friendly lubricants are biogradable and reduce toxicity impact in comparison to traditional lubricants.
Wirelife® Low Tox® Penetrating Lubricant (2011)
Designed for marine environments and other applications where environmental concerns require the use of a very low toxicity wire rope and chain lubricant.
- Exhibits up to a tenfold reduction in eco-toxicity while maintaining good lubricant performance
- Penetrates into the core of the rope
- Causes less rope fatigue, which leads to extended wire rope life
- Resists rust and corrosion
- Easy application
EarthwiseTM EAL Wire Rope Grease (3353)
LE’s EarthwiseTM lubricants are specifically formulated to be earth friendly while still meeting the rigorous demands of industrial applications. They are recommended for use in applications on or near waterways.
- Meets VGP standard for aquatic toxicity
- Water resistant
- Soften shocks and allows strands to move freely
"*" indicates required fields